Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What happened to September?

Hello Friends~

First I have to tell you about my big FAIL!  So I had this great idea that I would sew for 15 minutes a day.  I think I would have done it if school hadn't started.  In the summer when my son is at my parent's house I usually come home from work and sew.  I might take a few minutes for eating but really I just sew for hours.  That is why I could make 6 quilt tops.  Then school starts and my son is home.  I love having him home don't get me wrong.  It's just now I am consumed with cooking and cleaning and being a mom.  I love being a mom it's the greatest gift I have ever received.  He is 16 now and really doesn't care if I am around him.  But I care and so I do not get my sewing done.  I have started a few things that were in my UFO box.

This was a lil' twister wreath that I bought last year.  I just have to quilt it and it will make a nice wall hanging.

This is an applique tree from a kit at Joanns.  I am learning how to applique.  So far I like it.




My friend Christina gave me this kit.  I just have to quilt it and it will be a nice table topper. 


And a Snoopy diaper cake.  A friend at work is going to be a grandma again and asked me to make a cake for her.  I love Snoopy!

So I did get a few things done but not nearly enough.  I have just decided to take it day by day and see how much I can get done.  I am currently working on a purse for my sister.  Any bets on how long that takes?
Hope you have a blessed month!
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...