This week's challenge is 'Brighter the better'. I decided I wasn't going to stress about this and just make something bright. I found This herringbone quilt pattern from Maureen Cracknell. I love her work and her fabric. I used all scraps and stash for this. It measures about 61x61.
This will be linked up to the project quilting site. Voting will open on Sunday afternoon.
This quilt is going to a special place. More on that next month.
This weeks Project Quilting 8.3 is Tuned in to Texture. I really struggled with this one. And then I cut my finger with my rotary cutter and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to participate. But my finger is healing and I found inspiration. The first thing I did was google 'tune in to texture'. This is one of the images that came up:
Bingo! A fingerprint! Now how do I make this happen. I really don't care too much for applique but I sure have been using it a lot lately. So I found this image online:
Perfect! I printed it out as big as I could with the paper I had. Then I put the Heat and Bond over the picture and copied the lines with a marker. Then I ironed it to the black fabric and cut out each black line. Then I took the printed copy and laid the white fabric over it. I lined up the black pieces and ironed them on. When that was done, I sewed on each piece. Then it was time for the quilting. I really struggled with this. Free motion was not working and I didn't care for the straight lines either. It was getting late and I needed to decide. I just made a continuous circle all around it. Here is a close up of the texture:
And here is the finished project: measuring 20x17
Thank you to Kim and Trisha for a wonderful challenge. Voting will open on Sunday, you can check it out here-Project Quilting 8.3