This weeks Project Quilting 8.3 is Tuned in to Texture. I really struggled with this one. And then I cut my finger with my rotary cutter and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to participate. But my finger is healing and I found inspiration. The first thing I did was google 'tune in to texture'. This is one of the images that came up:
Bingo! A fingerprint! Now how do I make this happen. I really don't care too much for applique but I sure have been using it a lot lately. So I found this image online:
Perfect! I printed it out as big as I could with the paper I had. Then I put the Heat and Bond over the picture and copied the lines with a marker. Then I ironed it to the black fabric and cut out each black line. Then I took the printed copy and laid the white fabric over it. I lined up the black pieces and ironed them on. When that was done, I sewed on each piece. Then it was time for the quilting. I really struggled with this. Free motion was not working and I didn't care for the straight lines either. It was getting late and I needed to decide. I just made a continuous circle all around it. Here is a close up of the texture:
And here is the finished project: measuring 20x17
Thank you to Kim and Trisha for a wonderful challenge. Voting will open on Sunday, you can check it out here-Project Quilting 8.3
Thanks for stopping by!