Friday, February 3, 2017

Project Quilting 8.3

Hello Friends!

This weeks Project Quilting 8.3 is Tuned in to Texture.  I really struggled with this one.  And then I cut my finger with my rotary cutter and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to participate.  But my finger is healing and I found inspiration.  The first thing I did was google 'tune in to texture'.  This is one of the images that came up:
Image result for tune in to texture 
 Bingo! A fingerprint!  Now how do I make this happen.  I really don't care too much for applique but I sure have been using it a lot lately.  So I found this image online:
Image result for fingerprint 
 Perfect!  I printed it out as big as I could with the paper I had.  Then I put the Heat and Bond over the picture and copied the lines with a marker.  Then I ironed it to the black fabric and cut out each black line.  Then I took the printed copy and laid the white fabric over it.  I lined up the black pieces and ironed them on.  When that was done, I sewed on each piece.  Then it was time for the quilting.  I really struggled with this.  Free motion was not working and I didn't care for the straight lines either.  It was getting late and I needed to decide.  I just made a continuous circle all around it.  Here is a close up of the texture:


 
And here is the finished project: measuring 20x17
 
Thank you to Kim and Trisha for a wonderful challenge.  Voting will open on Sunday, you can check it out here-Project Quilting 8.3
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings
Amy
 

8 comments:

  1. When I saw the picture on IG, I wondered how you had done this. So cool - I'm really, really impressed! And I like the quilting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and I think your quilting is perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressed with both your concept and execution. Fits this challenge to a "t"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond wonderful! What an amazing concept and quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...