Monday, October 7, 2013

My most favorite quilt to date

A few years ago my friend Charisma had a contest on her blog.  I won!  She sent me two fat quarter bundles.  The only thing she asked is that I use at least one set for charity.  I made this baby quilt 2 years ago.  She was very kind and quilted it for me.  It has a minky back.  The pattern is Yellow Brick Road.  I used a satin binding and zigzag stitched it on.  I love this quilt!  I think it is my favorite thing I have ever made.  I am not sure what I will do with it yet.  I have another bundle to use to make a charity quilt.  Do you struggle to rid yourself of your quilts?  I make quilts for fun not usually as gifts.


This is a finish!!!!  I am going to finish a table topper for my sister next.  I'm on a roll!!!!
Hope you have a blessed week!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Cute little quilt! How did you like quilting with the minky backing? Was it really shifty and stretchy?

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...