Monday, July 1, 2019

Finish Along Q 2

Hello Friends

How is everyone?  I am great.  Thankful to get back to doing what I love.  I have had a busy summer so far and it just started.  I will save the Graduation and England post for another time.  Today I will talk about what I have been working on.

If you remember, I am trying to finish items and link up to the Quarterly Finish Along.  I have been really good at finishing a quilt a month.  I can't believe another quarter has ended.  May was hard for sewing as we were busy with my birthday, Mother's Day and Graduation.  Then we were gone for 2 weeks to England.

My list for this quarter is here:

-continue to finish a quilt a month.  This is working well for me.  I have a bunch of tops made that just need quilting.  I am hoping to get a few off to my long-armer friend soon.

-make the borders and corner stones for the Vintage Christmas quilt.  The blocks are made minus 1 that needs rick rack.  Hopefully by quarter 3 I can have this put together.

-organize sewing room.  I am hoping to remodel the master bathroom this year and get my clothes out of the sewing room so I can actually get my sewing items put away.

-finish my small swoon table runner.  This was made last year and needs to be finished!

So how did I do?



I have finished 6 quilts already this year.  This is Norway and I have entered it in the Wisconsin Quilt Expo in September.  I will find out July 31 if it made it in.

I finished this baby quilt.  I had this in my stash for almost 2 years.  So glad this is finished.

You probably can't tell what this is but when I am finished, it will be a stuffed cow.  My bestie is going to be a grandmother for the first time in September.  I am making the sweet girl a cow. :)

So that is not a finish but the quilts are.  That is all that was done this quarter.
I am working on my list for next quarter and am linking up to the 2nd quarter finishes.

I am also working on house projects and will post about that soon.
What are you doing for the summer?  Do you quilt or is it too hot?

Blessings
Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...