Friday, March 19, 2021

Some kitchen painting

 Hello Friends

I can feel that Spring is arriving tomorrow.  It's been a little cold and we had about 2 inches of snow this week.  But the sun is shining and a new season is upon us.  Makes me want to be outside getting the lawn and patio area ready for company.  I don't have any quilts to show currently.  However, 2 baby quilts are in the works and ready for basting. Yay!

I did want to show you some pictures of my kitchen.  I will do a full reveal when I have finished it all.  So stay tuned.  I have only painted 2 walls right now.  Other things have kept me busy.  I am hoping to do more this weekend and next week.  My kitchen is in 2 sections.  The old kitchen and the new extension.  The old part has all of the cupboards and most of the appliances.  Then new section has the table and chairs and the washer and dryer.  The old part also has wallpaper.  Yuck!  That is why it is going to take me a while to get it finished.  Plus I want to paint my cupboards.  Once I get really started, I get things done. 

I had seen a picture on Hobby Lobby's site that had a feature wall with cow decor.  Since this is an old farmhouse, I wanted to capture something close to the picture.

This is what the wall looked like before paint:


That door to the left is what we call the secret room.  Dad built shelving over the stairs that are under it.  I keep most of my crock pots and other occasional items in there.

Here is the after:


I will take better pictures when I am completely finished.  I did hang another cow picture above the flowers but did not take a picture of it yet.  I had the center cow picture also from HL.  The flowers were picked up at Walmart and the metal flower was bought at my local furniture store.  I was in a couple weeks ago to see about a new couch.  I did find one and ordered it.  Might not be here for 6 months because the manufacturer is having a hard time getting product.  That is when I saw the metal flower and just knew I had to have it.

I can't wait to finish and show you the before and after pictures.  It makes me excited to keep going!

And in other exciting news, I am scheduled for my first C-19 vaccine on Tuesday.  Wish me luck!

Take care
Blessings
Amy


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colour and I love the wall decorations! Good luck with the vaccine. ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...