Thursday, March 11, 2021

A couple of completed tops

 Hello Friends

I don't have much to talk about these days so I don't blog.  I have finished a couple of quilt tops so I thought I would throw them on here.  I have multiple things going on right now, but no finishes.  A few friends are having babies and I am making some quilts.  Everything seems to take more time than it used to.  Probably because my heart just has not been in it.  I did start a quilt a couple of weeks ago.  It's the Snowflake Quilt by Modern Handcraft.  I have had the pattern and fabric for a while.  I had bought 12 fat quarters at a local shop and decided to use them to make the scrappy version.  I added 1 more fat quarter to the group as it calls for 13.  I was sewing away making my blocks when I discovered I didn't have enough fabric. Ugh!  I hate when that happens.  Of course my fabric choice was from 2017.  Luckily I found a little shop in Nebraska that had a 1/2 yd of one of the prints.  I may have to tear out a few blocks and move some around, but as long as I can finish it, I will be happy.  Here is what I have so far:

I can't wait to finish this.  Hopefully soon.

Before starting this I finished 2 other quilt tops.  I participated in our local GSafe fundraiser last year.  GSafe is an organization that supports LGBTQ+ students in schools.  They did a quilt auction last year hoping to raise $10,000.  They had over 200 entries and raised over $25,000.  Some of our local quilt shops collected donations too.  People brought in old kits and fabric they no longer wanted.  I was given 3 of these quilt kits to work on.  I seem to complete things faster when they are for other people.  Here is the first one:

The colors are off on the picture.  The yellowish blocks are really a sage green.  This is Majestic Eagles from QT.
This next quilt top was a kit from Connecting Threads.  It's called Prickly Pear.  It was fun working with Batiks.

Well, at least I had something to show you.  I have been busier than I thought.  I am working on painting the kitchen in between these projects.  One wall done, many to go.  My kitchen is in two parts.  The old kitchen and the new addition.  There is a half wall between them.  The old kitchen has wall paper.  I need to take that down before I paint.  Hopefully this Spring when it warms up a little more.
I am still working on my word of the year.  I have my paper piecing letters printed just need to decide on fabric colors.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading, stay well!
Blessings
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...