Monday, January 29, 2018

Word for the year

Hello Friends

I need to change my side picture to say that I have made 2 quilts in one week.  Last year I had an idea to make a word quilt.  I did not want to make a big quilt but something small with just one word that I could relate to.  Last year I chose the word- Pause.  I found myself making some pretty big decisions and I needed to take a moment and think about it.  That is were pause came from.  I did refer back to that word quite a bit last year and hope to continue to use it this year.

With my father under the care of Hospice and other issues going on, I needed a word for this year.  I need to take better care of myself like all of us do.  Being a caregiver is very stressful and hard on the body and soul.  In order to help release some of the tension in my soul I chose the word- Mindful.  Here is my quilt:
 
I used the pattern from Quilt Talk
 
 
 A book by Sam Hunter of Hunter Design Studio.  She has created some wonderful quilts using these paper pieced templates.  I shrunk mine down to a smaller size since the word is much longer.  This mini quilt measures in at 11 1/2x 31 1/2.  This will make it's home on my wall in my sewing area.
 
Now to finish something else while I can.  My list of UFO's are going down!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Blessings
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...