Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy New Year!

Hello Friends!

It's been a while.  I can't wait to dig into this new year and start some new projects.  Of course I still have a pile of unfinished to do, but that is not going to stop me.  I have been feverishly working on the Bonnie Hunter-Quiltville-Mystery Quilt-On Ringo Lake. I am almost done with part 5.  I tried to count and there are over 3200 pieces in this quilt.  I will show you pictures as soon as I take some.  It's going to be so pretty.  I think I will keep this one for me.

The reason I am working so hard to finish that quilt is because Project Quilting Season 9 has started.  The theme for this week is Hometown Proud.  I am going to start mine by Wednesday if not sooner.  Pics to come.

Other than that, we had a really nice Christmas and New Year's with the family.  My father was ill again before Christmas and we have since entered him into the Hospice program at the nursing home.  He is currently doing well but prayers are always appreciated.

My son will turn 21 a month from tomorrow.  I am not sure how that happened but I am so proud of the young man he has become.  My sister and her husband are taking him and his girlfriend to a comedy club on his birthday.  They will have a blast.  He only has 3 semesters of college left.  He will then go into the Master's and PhD program for Film Studies.  Again, so proud.

I will leave you today with a picture of the zipper bag I made for the swap at my local guild meeting.

 
 
More to come, thanks for sticking with me!
 
Blessings
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Amy! I won’t be quilting along for Project Quilting this year, but I look forward to seeing your makes! Sending prayers for your dad...

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...