Monday, January 22, 2018

Mystery Quilt 2017-2018

Hello Friends

I took another picture of my Hometown Proud quilt at the actual monument this weekend.  It's hard to see my quilt but you can check out the detail in my last post.  Thank you to all who voted.  I did not win anything this time.  The challenge this week is Triangulation.  I have a few ideas and hope to start on Wednesday.
 
On Black Friday, Bonnie K Hunter-Quiltville sends out a Mystery Quilt Challenge.  She tells you the color pallet and how much of each color you will need about a month before the mystery.  Then every Friday for about 6 weeks she gives you another part of the quilt to make.  The colors this time were brown, cream, coral and teal.  I love these colors and decided to try it out.  Here are some pictures of the different steps.  You can find all of the steps on her blog under the tab On Ringo Lake.   






 
Then right after Christmas she released hints every day.  I have probably 30+ hours into this quilt.  Lots of pieces.  Over 3000.  Here is the finished top:


 
This quilt is 75x90.  I will keep this one for myself.  I may even put borders on to give it drop on my bed.  Now to find the perfect backing.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I have a couple quilt challenges I am working on so stay tuned.
 
Blessings
Amy
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...