Friday, January 20, 2017

Project Quilting 8.2

Hello Friends

This weeks challenge for Project Quilting 8.2 is Carolina Lily.  I knew I wanted to do something 3 dimensional.  I made the petals first using an orange peel template.  Then I made the leaves.  I just took two pieces of fabric with batting in the middle and sewed a leaf shape.  Then I cut out as close to the stitching as I could.
  Because I didn't want the batting to show, I used a brown marker to color in the batting.  Then I took a kitchen straw and covered it with fabric.  I made the stamen by curling brown wire and inserting it into the top of the straw. 
They are held in by hot glue.  While assembling I thought it would be fun to have the leaves hang off the sides.  Of course, when I was quilting the background I found puckers in the back.  Thankfully they were on the other side of the flower.  This measures 16 x 9 1/2.  Linking up to Project Quilting 8.2 Carolina Lily  and Crazy Mom Quilts.

 
This weekend is all about organization!  Wish me luck!
 
Blessings
Amy

7 comments:

  1. that is so cool, i love it. Good luck with your organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea. i love the dimensional applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cool!! I just love how creative this is. I finished my Caroline Lily last night and blogged about it this morning. Good luck with the organization. I'm organizing my pantry this weekend - should be interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great, Amy! I especially love the center

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the 3d! And a project is always fabulous when hot glue is involved!

    ReplyDelete