Monday, January 23, 2017

A sewing weekend

Hello Friends

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  First I want thank everyone for your comments about my Lily quilt.  You all are so wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog.
The weather has been warmer than usual and it's been foggy and drizzly here.  Perfect weekend to sew!  I met a couple of my besties out for coffee Saturday morning, then it was time to sew.  I have been working on my The Missing U blocks.  You can check out the book here-Sunday Morning Quilts.  I can't believe I made 11 blocks.  I did other things like dishes and laundry but for the most part it was sewing time.
Here are the 11 blocks I made:

I have 16 blocks done and I may stop there.  I am going to size them up and lay them out to see if I need other colors or more of one color.  It's been a great way to use up scraps.
 
I also just received the labels I had made from The Dutch Label Shop.  This was a place that Kim from Persimon Dreams mentioned.  It only took a week for them to come and it was so easy to create.
Now, everything I make will have a label.  I love them!
Also, Project Quilting 8.2 is now open for voting.  My quilt is #21 if you choose to vote for mine.  Here is the link,  thank you!
 
I have a busy week of running and doing things around the house.  Hopefully I will have another sewing weekend soon.  What are you working on?
 
Blessings
Amy
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I have Sunday Morning Quilts and have been contemplating a Missing U quilt as a way of using up some of my scraps. I think your post is just the push I needed. I like these blocks and can't wait to see your finished quilt. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 blocks already?? Wow that's awesome. I still only have 2 done because jumping from one project to another is driving me bananas so I've been focusing on just one. I voted for your Carolina Lily - I really like what you did!! 😄

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...