Monday, June 23, 2014

Not much sewing going on...ill

Well I really wish I had some things done to show but I have been out of commission.  June 12 I was in so much pain in my lower left stomach I actually had to go to the doctor.  For those that know me I am very rarely sick so it had to be bad.  I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis.  It's an infection and inflammation of the colon.  I was given 2 antibiotics and have to go back July 1.  I have been eating very little but now that the meds are done I feel like I have to eat more.  It's just scary to know what I can and can not eat.  I will probably never again eat popcorn, berries and corn.  Popcorn was my favorite food.  Now prunes are. :(  I am actually starting to feel like my old self again.  I really think the medicine did a number on my system.

As you read in a previous post I am doing a doll swap from facebook.  My partner loved what I sent and today I received mine from her.

I love it all.  A doll quilt and a grocery bag!  I love it!  I am so glad I decided to join this little swap.  I am trying things I have never done before.  I don't do a lot with batiks and I have never done a label before.  And I free motion quilted for the first time.  July's swap is Christmas in July.  I can't wait!

I do have 1 of 3 tops bound and labeled.  I need to finish the other two.  But first I am going to do some cleaning and organizing.  I am tired of not finding things when I need them.
Hope you all have a blessed week!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. :-(. Those swap items look really nice. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy! I really appreciate that you read my little blog. :)

      Delete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...