Sunday, June 29, 2014

A couple of finishes...well almost.

Hello friends!

Thank you for your concern and well wishes during my recent health scare.  I am eating and feeling so much better.  I will see the doctor on Tuesday and find out exactly what I can and can't eat.
We have had a few busy weekends here.  With father's day and my sister's birthday and a Brewer game June went fast!  When I wasn't feeling very good I was still able to bind a couple of quilts.  I have 1 of the 3 completed with label and washing.  The other one is bound just needs a label and washing.  The third one is my big Swoon and needs binding, label and washing.  Here are a few pictures of the finished ones.

This is the Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt from January 2014.  I can't believe I have this all finished!  I love it!  It is made from scraps but I did buy the border and backing fabric.  You can't really tell in the picture but the backing is a lime green with white flowers. Love!


This is a quilt I put together from a fat 8th bundle last summer.  The pattern is called Cobblestone Path and I believe it's from Moda.  The fabric is Cheep Talk from Connecting Threads and I backed it in this fun green with white dots.  My dear friend Charisma quilted both of these quilts for me.  She does such a wonderful job.  She sure does have a gift for creativity.  I am blessed by her.
Today will be a low key day.  Going to a graduation party and then I'm going to do some sewing.  My local guild is doing a block lotto for July and I think I might have the colors to join in.
Hope you all are enjoying these last days of June!
Blessings
Amy


1 comment:

  1. Very nice quilts. I especially like Cobblestone. Such pretty colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...