Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June and a finish!

Hello!

Happy June!  Most of the schools are out already but my son is still in school until 10am on Thursday.  He is frantically studying for finals.  He starts his first job on Monday so he was in need of a car.  My friend found this on craigslist and we couldn't pass it up.

It's a 2000 Subaru Outback.  He was totally surprised. :)

I have not done too much sewing lately.  I am going to try and spend some of the summer with out my son home to organize and work again on UFOs.  I did join a Doll Quilt Swap on facebook that was organized by my friend Charisma.  My partner was Donna and she asked for purple and batiks.  Two of the things I do not have much of.  But that was no problem as my local quilt store has a wide variety of things.  I have a book with patterns for charm packs called 3 Times the Charm by Me and My Sister Designs.  I chose the Amanda pattern.

We were able to show them already and she loves it.  I actually do too.  I am so proud of this piece.  It is my first time free motion quilting.  There are places that may look like I was drinking and sewing but overall I am very happy with this!  I can't wait until next month to get another partner and make another one. 
This week I am going to work on bindings.  My dear friend Charisma has finished my three quilts and sent them back.  I need to get the bindings made and get them done.  I hope to put my Swoon quilt in our guilds quilt show that we have been asked to attend.  I have a meeting Thursday so we will see what they say.
Other than that I am going to work on cleaning up my sewing area and finishing more projects from years ago.  I do have a few new patterns to try but I have to finish at least three things first!
Blessings
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...