Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Progress

 Hello Friends

Hope you are having a productive year so far.  And if not, that is okay too!  I have weeks where I don't do anything crafty.  And some weeks, that is all I do.  Hoping to find a good balance here soon.  The weather has been cold but not snowy.  We have actually had a few warm days.  If you count 40°F warm. On sunny days, you will usually find me in my sewing room.  That is a messy room I am hoping to get a handle on in the next few weeks.  It's getting hard to find things so it's time to clean and organize.  

I have been working on my Grassy Creek Mystery quilt.  It's a Bonnie K Hunter quilt from last year.  I started it in January after she released what it would look like.  I loved the colors so I thought I would try it.  I had finished the 25 blocks by March and there it sat.  I had to work on the sashing and that is paper pieced.  I was running low on gray fabric so needed to order more.  Then I would get busy with something or nothing else. I was able to finish most of the top.  I am working on the borders but again, needed to order a little more fabric. Here is one of the blocks:


These colors will look great in my bedroom.  The walls are gray so the pop of color will be nice.


Here is the top without the borders.  I have added the skinny green border but I am working on the pieced border now.

I am hoping to have this finished and ready to buy backing fabric by the end of the month. When this top is done I am also hoping to finish this top:


This is the Snowflake quilt by Modern Handcraft.  I have been working on this for a long time and hope to have it done this month to get backing for it also.  My quilter will be busy for me this Spring.

I also need to decide if I am putting borders on my On Ringo Lake quilt.


This was the 2017-2018 winter mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. Just not sure if I should border it. I might just get backing and send it to my quilter so it can be a finish.

When I need a break from these quilts, I have been working on cutting down my scraps into useable sizes.  I have too much fabric and it's time to start using it!

Well, I think I am doing pretty good on my goal list.  Of course I am like a lot of people and start off the year strong and then sizzle out.  I am hoping to keep my momentum and finish all of my starts.  I am excited to start something new but need these off of the list first.

How do you keep your momentum?  Any tricks or tips are appreciated.
Thanks for reading!

Blessings
Amy






1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are lovely! I especially like Grassy Creek. Those colors are bright and cheerful. I am working on reducing my scraps also. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...