Thursday, February 7, 2019

PG 10.3-Bigger than a breadbox

Hello Friends

This weeks Project Quilting challenge is Bigger than a breadbox.  There was an actual size restriction with this.  Your piece had to be more than 16 x 8.  I was not going to make something again because of time restriction.  My son will be 22 on Saturday and I have a house full of people coming Friday night.  Cleaning is taking priority.  But once the dishes were done and supper was made, I decided to try this bag.  My friend Natalie is the artist behind Sew Hungry Hippie.  She came out with this pattern a while ago and it's been sitting in my sewing room for months.  The Santorini Tote pattern is very clear if you have never made a bag before.  She has great pictures and the steps are easy to follow.  I have made many bags in the past.  This bag was like making an extra large zipper bag.  If you have never made a bag with a zipper, I recommend trying this pattern.  She gives you all of the tips and tricks to make it easy.
The smallest of details.  These zipper tabs are a must and really make the bag look professional.

The inside has shiny gold in the flowers.

As you can see, I used cork for the bottom.  It really makes the bag sturdy.  I did not use the foam that is calls for because I didn't have any.  Next time I will try it with the foam.  I just used fusible interfacing.  I also did not add a pocket.  I may go into this bag and put one inside later.  I love the size of this bag.  It measures 19 x 13.  The fabric and cork was purchased at Blue Bar Quilts.
 
Voting opens on Sunday.  Please look for my bag and vote!
Thanks!!
Blessings
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Nice purse. I visited your friend's site. Lots of fun stuff there! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag!! I haven't found THE pattern for including my cork fabric, yet. Glad you found one for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen cork at the fabric store but never tried using it, this is a great idea for it. I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great! I love the cork bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...