Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer 2015

Hello Friends!

I can't believe it's been so long since I have posted.  A lot has happened.  I won't bore you with all of it just the exciting things.
My son graduated from high school June 14.  The day before we had a party to celebrate.  I had help with the food and decorations but I did a lot of it myself.  I even snuck in some time to make him a t-shirt quilt.  He had no idea I was making it.  He was in the other room as I did it.
 
Here is the quilt.  It's kind of blurry but the best picture of it so far.


I had so much fun making this quilt.  I just cut and sewed and it all came together.  I didn't measure much.  So for this to work out is amazing.  I tied it with yarn.  That was a first for me.  But I think I would do it like that again.  It was fun and saved a lot of time.  I will try to get better pictures of it soon.  If he ever lets me have it.  The night he received it he cuddled up in it and I haven't seen it since.

Do you remember this quilt?
 
This is my Swoon 2013 quilt.  I have decided to try to enter it in the Wisconsin Quilt Expo.  I won't know if it was accepted until July 31.  I don't care if it wins anything, I just want to get it out there.  I have a bug to make another one.  My sister and her boyfriend are getting engaged soon so now is the time to talk about a wedding quilt.  I am going to take her shopping and have her pick the pattern and fabrics.  Stay tuned for updates on that.
So after his party and the actual graduation ceremony, we had to go to Milwaukee for a two day orientation.  It's been a little crazy with all of the running.  Luckily I was off of work for two weeks.  I am back to work this week and trying to find my routine again.
I have not touched my sewing machine since the first week of June.  Hopefully things are settling down and I can do some sewing soon.
I have many ideas building and just can't wait to get to it!
What are you working on?
Blessings
Amy

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the graduate! My daughter graduated from high school this month too. :-) Love the T-Shirt quilt - one of those is definitely on my bucket list. Good luck with getting your Swoon to hang at the Expo... it certainly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...