Saturday, August 31, 2013

Good-bye Summer

Well today is the last day of August.  Where did the summer go?  I must say though that I did accomplish quite a bit this summer.  I finished 6 quilt tops.  Included in the count are my two rag quilts that I completely finished. :)  I have just learned how to free motion quilt on my machine and I LOVE IT!!!!  Of course the quilt I started on was the top I just finished-Cherry Jubilee.  It is big-72x72.  I may have to set it aside and do a smaller lap quilt first.  I was having trouble with the thread breaking but I think I have solved that problem.

So tomorrow starts September National Sewing Month.  I am going to do a ton of cutting fabric today.  My goal for the month is to sew for 15 minutes every day.  I can't wait to show you my finishes. :)  I have quite a few small projects that have just been waiting for this opportunity. :)  I hope to get at least 1 quilt completely finished.

How about you?  What are you working on?
Here's to a great September!

Blessings
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...