Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A few finishes and one more quilt top done

I have had this tote almost done for about two years.  On Saturday I decided to finish it.  I found the pattern in a magazine.  It's big-19 1/2 x 19 1/2 with 5 inch bottom and sides.

I also decided to sew my rows of the Yellow Brick Road Christmas quilt together.  Then I decided it needed borders.  The backing will be a red and green plaid.

This last picture is of another quilt that my dear friend Charisma had made with my scraps.  I finally finished the binding.  It is washed and ready for use.

Now I am working on a quilt called Cherry Blossom from another magazine.  It calls for 100 pairs of brights and 100 pairs of white 21/2 inch squares.  I  have all pairs sewn together now to match them up and sew them.  I will post pictures soon. The sweetest thing about all of this.  I am using up my stash!  I have not bought anything.  I do need to get some batting so I can actually finish the tops that are ready.
Hope you are having a blessed week!
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...