Monday, December 30, 2019

Quilt #12-Goal Reached!

Hello friends!

I will now share quilt finish number 12.  This top was made last year during late night sewing on Black Friday.  I bought this lovely floral jelly roll and got to work.  The pattern is Birch Bark by Sam Hunter Designs.  This is the 3rd Birch Bark I have made.  I made one for my cousin's new home, my friend's wedding gift and now this one.  I don't have plans for this one yet.  It will sit proudly in my cabinet.  So here it is:
 
I used a pretty purple Grunge for the border and cornerstones.  Here are the other 2 Birch Bark quilts:
This is the one I made for my cousin's new home.  It made it into the WI Quilt Expo.

This one was a wedding gift.
 
That makes 12 finishes for the year!! Goal reached!!!  Here are the 12 I finished this year:
3 flannel quilts made from my father's shirts, Milky Way quilt for the owner of the company I work for and her 40th Anniversary, Norway quilt, Rainbow baby quilt, string quilt, Missing U quilt.

Hex on You quilt, Halloween quilt, baby clothes quilt and Birch Bark.
I can't tell you how happy I am to have all of these finished.
I have been working on my goals for next year.  My main goal is to not start something new until an unfinished quilt is at the long-armer.  But I am not putting pressure on myself.  I sew what I want when I want.
 
What are your goals for 2020?  Did you reach your goals for 2019?
Blessings
Amy
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on meeting your goal for 2019! A really nice collection of finished quilts. I don't really have set goals for 2020 - I don't have a lot of time to sew these days so I want to make whatever tickles my fancy in the moment. I do know that I want to focus on using my scraps this year. I tried to do that a couple of years ago and did manage to finish a few scrappy quilts, but the scraps have once again taken over my sewing room and they need to go! Happy New Year Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...