Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Quilt finish #10

Hello Friends

I am happy to share that I have finished quilt #10.  With the help of my long arm friend Heather.  She does amazing work.  If you are in my area and need something quilted, please contact her here.

This quilt was made about 2 years ago and has been sitting in my pile waiting to be quilted.  I bought the backing and binding over a year ago.  This was made in the disappearing 9 patch style using charm packs.
Of course I was so excited to have it done and get it on here, I forgot to measure it.  It's a small lap quilt.  She quilted it with stars and bats.  It feels so good to get this done.  She has quilt #11 for me now.  I can't share that here until after Christmas.

In between sewing/quilting, I find that I need something to keep my hands busy.  I have been crocheting for a bit.  A couple of years ago, I made dish cloths for all of my coworkers for Christmas.  I even sold a few to a friend to give as gifts.


Lately I have been trying other things.  The colors in the yarns lately have me drooling!  I found a pattern for a shawl and just had to make it.  I am almost done.


It's far from perfect, but it will do the job of keeping me warm.  I have also been making finger-less gloves.  And a Mobius shawl.  Those are for my Bestie for her birthday which is today.  I will post them once she gets them.

I am also still working a little on my English paper piecing Grandmother's flower garden.  More pictures of that soon.

Stay tuned for quilts 11 and 12.  I may even get a 13th one in there. :)

Blessings
Amy

1 comment:

  1. You are on a roll with the finishes! The shawl is looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...