Friday, August 30, 2019

Quilt finish #8

Hello Friends!

It's cutting it close but here is my finish for August!


This is called The Missing You.  The pattern is from the book Sunday Morning Quilts.  Over 2 years ago my blog friend Izzy said she was going to make it.  I decided to play along and try to finish it too.  I had too much on my plate and did not get around to finishing the top until this past Spring.  My long-armer just finished it last week.
This quilt is made with all scraps.  It was challenging at times as I am very low on scraps now.  I muddled through and finished it.

The back is a wide back white on white and the binding is white with dots of rainbow colors.

I am so happy to have this done!!



Here are the other 7 I finished this year.  Yes, there are only 5 quilts in this picture.  That is because I made 3 of the flannel quilts in the top corner.
I have 2 more at the long-armer and 2 almost ready for her.  Going to try to actually finish 13 this year!!  I can't wait to have them done and be able to start on something new!

Have a great Labor Day weekend if you celebrate!
Blessings
Amy


2 comments:

  1. I love rainbow - so great quilt :) And the name is so fitting for the design! Love those white "squares" in the scrappy rainbow blocks. Enjoy your finish and good luck with the rest of your projects xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish! It sounds as if you have been incredibly productive! On behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...