Monday, January 14, 2019

Word for the year and PQ 10.1

Hello Friends

If you have been following for a bit, you know that I like to quilt a word for the year.  In 2017 the word was:
 
The word for 2018 was:

 
And this year the word is:

 
With having to run for my parents in recent years, I have not been able to take a personal vacation.  I will not complain or whine about this.  I was needed and was where I had to be.  If I had to do it all over, I would.  With dad's passing and mom in a good place and taking care of herself, it's time for a little adventure.  My company gives us paid sabbaticals for every 5 years of service.  I have been here for almost 13 years. My previous sabbaticals were stay-cations.  Either we stayed close to home or my dad was sick and I stayed in the hospital with him.  I have a 2 week sabbatical to take.  My family has always been fascinated with England and anything British.  My son will graduate from college on May 19th.  My sister and I are taking him to England to celebrate.  We will leave on the 20th and return on the 29th or 30th.  I have a friend who is a travel agent and is planning the adventure for us. We will be spending most of our time in London.  It's a big trip.  Not just to go to England, but to go on a vacation.  I have not been on a vacation for more than a couple days in 13 years.  We are super excited for this.
 
So I chose my London fabric to make my word.  I also used my go to book for lettering.  I have been using this book for all of my lettering needs.  These are paper pieced and super easy.  You can find Quilt Talk by Sam Hunter here.  I enlarged the letters a little bit but probably should have left them the original size or made them a little smaller.  This is a large word.  This quilt measures 45 1/2 x 9 1/2.
 
Hope Springs Eternal is the PQ 10.1.  I decided this quilt fits the description.  I have hope for a great vacation.  I am #53 on the challenge if you would like to vote here.
 
That makes 2 things done from my FAL list. :)  Now to continue to work on finishing quilts and work more on my Vintage Christmas blocks.
 
How do you stay organized?  Calendar, bullet journal?  How do you find the time daily to sit down and use them?
 
Blessings
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Amy, darling, let’s chat about all things England this Friday night. 🇬🇧

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your adventure. Glad a word can inspire you! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of having a word of the year and making put of fabric is even better! Congratulations on your finish on behalf of the 2019 FAL team.

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...