Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Catching Up

Hello Friends

Hope you are all doing well.  It has been bitterly cold here.  High today of -12 with wind chills in the -50s.  Brrr!  I need to catch you up on some things that I have finished.
Last year there was a very bad accident in Northern Wisconsin.  The driver took the lives of some girl scouts and their mother.  The girls were doing a service project to clean the highway.  He plowed right into them.  A quilt store very close to them put a call out for green heart blocks.  The Stitch Supply Company asked quilters to make a 6 or 12 inch block.  They accepted the blocks to make quilts for the victims families.  They had such an outpouring of support they were able to get a quilt to each of the scouts.  15 total.  Our guild the Mad Mod Quilt Guild, along with my friends shop, Blue Bar Quilts decided to make a quilt to donate.  We all made blocks and put the quilt together and sent a full finished quilt to the shop.  It was great to see the girls with their quilts.
Here are my 2-
 
Then Moss and Lotus had a sew a long for their Tomte blocks.  I just love making them.  I decided to make a pillow-
 
Then I worked on the flannel quilts from my dad's shirts.  I will show pictures in a later post.  Then it was making a quilt from my friends pattern.  Hex on you is a pattern by my friend Amy.  You can find her here.  Blue bar had just received this Alexander Henry fabric and I fell in love.  Amy was at the shop and I asked her for help with colors.  Here is my quilt top-
I can't wait to get this quilted and finished.  Such great colors in the Grunge line.
Then it was almost Christmas and time for some advent calendars.  I made 5 of them with one going to my son.  The rest sold like hotcakes at my work.
They were fun to make but I am done for a while now.
I did make more gifts for Christmas but I think this post is long enough.  I will post more later.  And if you care to, please go to Project Quilting season 10.2 and vote for number 20.  Thank you!
 
Blessings
Amy

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amy - you’ve been busy! I love your green hearts and what a great cause - I’m always in awe of how quilters get together when a tragedy happens.

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...