Friday, November 27, 2020

An Introduction

 Hello Friends!

How are we doing?  Hope you are all staying healthy.  So far so good for us here.  I wanted to take this post and talk a little about myself and why I started this blog.  There are some new readers that have come to visit.  Hello and welcome!

I am Amy.  I live in a little village south of Madison Wisconsin, called Monticello. I work for the largest medical software company in the country.  I am a receptionist and get to talk to our customers everyday.  They are so fun to talk to!

I am the mother of Samuel.  He is almost 24 years old.  His father and I divorced when he was 2.  He currently lives in Oshkosh WI with his girlfriend, Iolanda and their puppy, Roxy.

I have a sister, Lisa who lives in Madison WI with her husband, Austin and their puppy, Ruby.

I also have 2 brothers from my father's previous marriage.  

I bought my parent's house in 2018.  It is the house I grew up in.  My dad was in the nursing home and my mom moved to an apartment shortly before I purchased the house.  My dad has since passed but mom is still enjoying life at her new apartment.

I love to read other peoples blogs so I thought I would start one here to document my life and quilting journey.

Now to the fun stuff!  I have been quilting for 10 years.  I found a quilt blog and started asking questions. Everyone was so helpful I knew I needed to be a part of this group. Then I heard about Merry Mayhem. Merry Mayhem does a mystery quilt along on New Year's Day.  I decided to follow along.  I did not know much about fabric and measurements.  I bought some fabric from Walmart and was excited to cut into it.  This is the first quilt I made:

I didn't know much about color and value either.  I didn't know about batting and binding.  But I have learned.  And I am still learning.  That is what is so wonderful about quilting.  There is always more to know.

I have made around 50+ quilts.  Some are small doll size and some are queen size.  I do like to finish projects quickly so I tend to make smaller things.  But sometimes you just have to make the bigger quilt.

I do like a challenge.  In the past I have been a part of Project Quilting, doing those challenges. My friends Kim and Trisha run it.  They are a lot of fun and I have even won a couple of the door prizes.  If you like a challenge, I really hope you will play along with them.  I never know if I am going to do participate until I see the challenge and see if my time will permit.  There are 6 challenges in 12 weeks.  You get the challenge on Sunday and it must be complete before the next Sunday.  It really is amazing to see what others make.

I think that is enough about me for now. I do use this place to talk about my family, my house remodel and quilting.  You can always look back at earlier posts to see what I have been up to.  Do you have any questions for me?  You can always email me too at theturquoisebutton at gmail dot com.

Thanks for reading!
Blessings!
Amy



1 comment:

  1. Hello Amy! I really do enjoy following your blog. And I love to read about your remodeling adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...