Friday, June 12, 2020

A Mother's Day Quilt

Hello Friends

I want to share another quilt finish with you today.  I have completed 7 quilts so far this year.  I am not trying to finish 1 a month like last year, because honestly, I am running out of quilts to finish.  That just means now I can create new quilts.
A few months ago my mom asked me to make a Spring/Summer quilt for her bed.  She has a twin size adjustable bed.  I had purchased this quilt pattern - Summer Blossoms by Allison Jenson from Woodberry Way.  When mom said bright colors, I knew this was the pattern.  It calls for 20 fat quarters.  I had about 13 of them already.  I took a picture of them with me to my quilt shop.  Here is the finished quilt:


 The colors are very bright.  And she just loved it.  Here is the back of the quilt:

This floral backing was purchased at another one of my favorite quilt shops - The Electric Needle.


My friend Heather did the quilting.  Beautiful as always.

I am working on another quilt but it is really ugly.  My friend Gael passed along some vintage fabric.  The fabric alone is pretty, but together not so much.  I may end up loving it when it's finished though.  Stay tuned.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings
Amy










1 comment:

  1. Wow Amy! This is a gorgeous quilt - it made me smile just by popping up on my Bloglovin' feed. Great, great finish! Lucky mom! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...