Monday, December 30, 2019

Quilt finish #11

Hello friends

This will be a quick post and you will probably see another one today.  I finished quilt number 11 in November.  I had wood laminate flooring put in my master bedroom.  The guy that did that is a coworker and friend.  He asked me to make a quilt with his son's baby clothes for his wife for Christmas.  He gave me a bag of clothes including one shirt of his, his wife's and the grandparents.  It is hard for me to accept any commission work.  I always have trouble with them liking what I decide to make.  According to pictures and a message, she loved it.  I am so glad.  Here it is:
The red shirt at the top is the mother's favorite Wisconsin shirt.  You can barely read the lettering on it.  I had a hard time cutting that one up since it was her favorite. 

I used a blue Grunge fabric to set the clothing and a Grunge red dot for the backing and binding.  A big THANK YOU to Heather from Blue Turtle Quilting.  She has rocked every quilt she has done for me.
Next post, #12
Blessings
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome finish! I've never done commissions because of the exact reason you mention here. If they give me "free license" to create something, I'm nervous about whether or not they're going to like it and if they give me very specific parameters to stick to, I feel uninspired. Guess I'll be keeping my day job! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...