Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A big loss

Hello Friends

Hope this finds you well.  I am still working on getting things out of the house for a garage sale.  We are going to work on it more this weekend when everyone is home to celebrate my brother-in- law's birthday.  We had to take a week off of packing and moving to celebrate the life of my father.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep on Tuesday, August 14.  It was in the morning which was fitting as he was a morning person.  We had been down to see him on Sunday because Hospice said he had another fever and it may be end of life.  We were all there.  On Monday he seemed to have a good day and was more responsive.  But he didn't wake up on Tuesday. 

It's been a lot of running with funeral plans and getting through all of that.  He would have been very happy with what we did for him.  Of course, he was not there, he was in all His glory.  Dad knew where he was going so we find comfort in that.

Now we are trying to find a new routine.  The house is keeping me busy.  The basement had 8 inches of water in it Tuesday morning.  Big rains and floods around me.  Luckily it was just the sump pump and the neighbor just had to hit the pipe for it to work again.  I ran fans all day and dried it all out.  Basement is fine now.

No pictures on this post.  Will have more updates on the house as I finish more rooms.  Hoping to sew a little more too.  I did get a top done but I will save that for another time.

Blessings
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I’m really sorry for your loss Amy. I look forward to seeing an update on the house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Izzy. I can't wait to get more done so I can start sewing again. Hope you are well. Loved your current finished quilt.

      Delete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...