Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Not very good at this Blogging thing

Hello friends

I am sorry I am not very good at this.  Many times I have wanted to delete everything and just pretend I was never on here.  Life sometimes gets in the way of creativity.  I am not complaining at all.  I have been blessed so much to have my parents still here.  With my father in the nursing home and my mother not driving my family has had to do a lot of running.  Thankfully my son is home from college and is taking a lot if not all of the appointments and shopping for mom and visiting dad.
I have tried to be creative and get in my sewing room to sew, but my son has all of his dorm room items in my sewing space at the moment.  Again, not complaining.  Glad he is home for the summer.  I was able to do some fast sewing in June.  My friend got married in the middle of June so of course 2 weeks before the wedding I decided I should make her a quilt.  This quilt took 31/2 hours to put together.  My longarmer finished it in record time too.  I was finishing the binding on the Friday night before the wedding.  This is another Birch Bark Quilt. Pattern by Sam Hunter.


 
I actually put a border in this one.  The brides colors where black and purple so I went with a Bali pop in those colors.
 
I also made another quilt during the making of this one.  I can not show you it yet though because it is a wedding gift for my sister.  She will be married a month from today!  So excited for them!
 
Hope you are having a great summer!
Blessings
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Nice wedding gift - and you really did complete it in record time! Wow! With everything you have going on at the moment, blogging is probably not first on your list of priorities so don't feel bad. You have to do what you have to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...