Sunday, July 13, 2014

Doll Quilt Swap

Hello Friends!

A follow-up to my last post-three of my quilts are hanging in the local library.  A group of us and my son went on Friday night to hang them.  They are all beautiful!  I will post some pictures when I get over there again.

So my friend Charisma decided to do a Doll Quilt Swap on Facebook.  You are all invited to check it out.  This month was Christmas in July.  For my partner I made this little quilt with scraps I had around.  I love buttons!!!

This swap has been so fun!  I have been making things that I have always wanted to try but was too nervous to tackle.  Like free motion quilting and tying a quilt.  Next month we are doing a summer theme.  I already have an idea and it will involve applique.  Wish me luck!

I has lucky enough to make two doll quilts this month.  There were some late sign ups and I was given another name.  This quilt is a play on Christmas in July.  I am posting two pictures so you can see the back.  There is Christmas fabric there!  I am so happy that I could use up some scraps for both little quilts!

They both need the labels sewed on.  They were so fun to make.  I can't wait to start on next months quilt.  Please consider joining us!
Hope you all have a blessed week!
Amy


1 comment:

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...