Monday, May 14, 2018

Moving update

Hello friends!

So mom is not moving until May 26th now.  She had to start dialysis urgently on May 8th.  My sister and I have had to work together to arrange to get mom to her appointments.  It sounds like my landlord has a tenant so I am moving out this Saturday the 19th.  We will move mom on the 26th. 
We both have been packing and cleaning.  Her house will not be completely empty for me, but will be eventually.  Removing 46 years worth of stuff is going to take a while. 
I have been working at my apartment to clean that out.  I have purged so much and it feels great! I was never able to completely unpack at my apartment.  I have a lot of wall things and other household items that I was saving for my house.  My motto is less is more.  I am getting rid of so much stuff.  It's so freeing. I can't wait to be out of my apartment and have all of my items in one place. 
The appraisal is today so the car is packed with boxes to take down to the house.  I can't wait to get the big items out of my apartment Saturday.  I only want to have cleaning supplies left.
Oh, and my godchild's baby shower is Sunday.  Yep, not ready for that yet.  I am making a party favor and have 12 left to make.  Hope to find a couple of hours before Saturday to do that.  I was going to make her a diaper bag too.  Not sure I will have time for that.

Any tips on how to make the move a little easier?

Blessings
Amy

2 comments:

  1. You will look back on this in a year or two and be so happy to be settled! I just saw a photo in my Timehop of the day 3 yrs ago that I packed all 'non-essential' items from my condo in order to list it. I'm so happy that is behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purging is so good for the soul isn’t it? I haven’t moved very often in my adult life so don’t have any real advice for you except do what you can and don’t get overly stressed about it. I hope everything works out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Word of the year

 Hello Friends I have finally finished my word for the year.  Any guesses?  I went to a quilt retreat offered from the guild I am in. I was ...